Share this widely
There is a fight over whether the truth about America will be confronted as part of the fight for the emancipation of all of humanity or buried by fascist lies or by American chauvinism and American exceptionalism.
Every year kids in this country are taught the same whitewashed myth of the first “Thanksgiving” in 1621. However, the real history of Thanksgiving and the history of America’s origin is a much different story.
In this episode of The RNL Show, we will take a look at some of the real history of how the U.S. has treated indigenous peoples as well as other key events in this country that have defined what makes this country what it is in the world. We’ll take a look at the oppression of Black people… to the system of capitalism-imperialism’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Drawing together clips from previous episodes, we will explore what the real character of America is through short films from the American Crime series featured on revcom.us and produced by documentary filmmaker David Zeiger, and other pieces from revcom.us.
This episode features:
- Quotes from the revolutionary leader Bob Avakian
- American Crime: Donald Trump says we need “Patriotic Education”
- American Crime Case #44: The Trail of Tears, 1838-39
- American Crime Case #12: The 1921 Tulsa Massacre and the Destruction of Black Wall Street
- “From Vice Grip to Death Grip,” written by Raymond Lotta and featured on revcom.us